Wednesday, March 2, 2011

training update

I haven't been doing as much training for the triathlon as I've wanted to lately. But, hopefully with the better weather coming I'll be able to run and bike outside more. It's just so difficult trying to find a good time to bike at the gym given that any stationary bikes they have are always taken. Running is my worst discipline of the three so I've been really focusing on that. But, given that that until this week the weather has been horribly cold, it's been hard to get out and run. And, with my class schedule it's hard to find a time to run around the indoor track when everybody else isn't also there.

Before the tri I'm planning on doing one or two 5k's just as a bit of a warm up. 5k's are always fun because it brings a good diversity of people from the really athletic, who can run the whole thing in 17 minutes, to 65 year old grand parents (yes I actually have seen that before). I'm fairly confident in the swimming portion because 400 meters isn't that hard. It only takes me about 9 minutes to do it. 9 minutes is average but I'd like to improve my time because where you start in the race determines how fast you can swim the 400. This is because the swimming portion is inside and one at a time, so the race officials try to get the same speed people in at the same time.

It'll be hard, but I'm looking forward to saying that I did a triathlon (even if it's just a sprint triathlon).

No comments:

Post a Comment