Sunday, July 10, 2011

USA!! USA!!

wow! Did you see that women's soccer game vs. Brazil? I was 9 years old when the 1999 women's team won the world cup and I've still got the Mia Hamm jersey hanging in my closet to prove it. As a soccer player at that time, I loved that time and remember every minute of it. I really hope this 2011 team does that same thing. I'm thinking Abby Wambach and Hope Solo are the new Mia Hamm and Kristine Lilly. But seriously the game is on again at 11/12 central time tonight, so watch it, it's amazing. Go USA!

By the way, have you noticed that USA seems to care more about the women's world cup team then about the men's? I think that's the one major sport in the United States where you can a women's team is cared about more then a men's. It's probably because the women's team has actually won a world cup, but that's neither here nor there.

No comments:

Post a Comment