Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Sign up day


The start to my Disney Half Marathon adventure has officially begun! Today was the first day of sign ups for the Disney World Marathon Weekend and I signed up my mother and myself. (She was the only one willing to go with me). For now I'm just going to focus on the TriZou triathlon and I'll think about the half when the time comes. Everybody does races for their own reasons, mine is: To prove to myself that I can. Up until now I've never run farther than 4 miles because I'm not all legs and build like a gazelle like other people. I'm going to follow Hal Higdon's training program and even though it's a 12 week training program I'm probably going to stretch mine out to 18 or 24 because I have the time, and like I said before I'm not really built for long distance running (or running in general). If you wanna take part in the family fun run 5k/half marathon/ full marathon the sign ups are here.

I since I won't officially start training till about July or August you probably won't hear a substantial amount of updates until then. But in the mean time I'll let you in on my general work outs from here unti then.

No comments:

Post a Comment