Sunday, September 30, 2012

Disney Half marathon update



Hey guys, I figured I'd update you guys about my training for Disney Marathon Weekend. I've been using Hal Higdon's Training Program. I extended his schedule to 20 weeks, so most of the weeks are repeated. Since I'm not a great runner I've been loosely using the Novice 2 workout. I say loosely because with my class and work schedule I've had to move around a bunch of days and often time end up doing my long run on Tuesdays. It's been about a month and I still haven't gotten into a good routine yet. But, hopefully I'll get one soon, I think my only option is to get up really early to run. Normally this would be fun because I'm a morning person, but it's gonna mean a lot of long days.

On a lighter note, I ran 5 miles today, which I've never done before. Actual runners probably aren't impressed by that distance, but I'm not built for running so it's a decent accomplishment for me. I officially started a calculation the other day and there's about 102 days until my friend and I leave for the trip. It's a bit away, but it's going to be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment