Monday, July 15, 2013

New races on the horizon

So after a sad absence from racing for the past few months, I'm back in the game and ready for the next few races. My next race is a triathlon coming up on August 24th. I'm especially excited for this tri because it's an olympic distance, which I haven't done before. It's the Lake St. Louis Triathlon: long course. So if you live anywhere in the Missouri or close Illinois area I'd suggest signing up for it because it's one of the most popular St. Louis tri's and I hear that it's a whole lot of fun...well "fun" in the sense that endurance race participants consider fun.




But the more fun race that I'd like to inform you guys of is the upcoming Go! St. Louis Half Marathon. The awesome thing about it is that in past years it's just been a 10k and 5k. This year I guess they decided to add a half marathon and I'm ecstatic. I really wanted to get in one more half marathon this year, but the only one left is the Rock 'N' Roll series one which I hear is AWESOME to participate in. If at all possible, you should sign up for a rock 'n' roll race in your neck of the woods because this series of races are really popular around America. Alas, I could not sign up to run because I volunteered for odd jobs throughout race weekend, because a race of that magnitude needs a whole lot of volunteers. But, lo and behold I got an email from Go! St. Louis that said they'd be doing a half marathon along with their 10k, 5k and 1-mile fun run, and of course 10 minutes later I was signed up for it. Here's a video from last year's events featuring all the fun costumes. I'm cautiously optimistic that for these races I will actually have better time management skills than I did for all my other races earlier in the year. Fingers crossed that everything goes well and I'll actually be properly prepared for these races.

No comments:

Post a Comment