Sunday, April 24, 2011

trizou update

the TriZou triathlon is one week from now. They've been sending out emails about the race for the past week. One described the bike/run course and the bike course is gonna be extremely hard. It's a big circle with two huge hills, but the real kicker is that it's a two lap course. So we get to go up a grand total of 4 giant hills.

The biking has been the hardest to train for. Because Columbia doesn't have a whole lot of open roads that aren't filled with traffic lights. Any good biking is on really busy roads and I'm not willing to take that risk. But, on race day the roads will have cones on them so I'm assuming it'll be safer than normal days. So I still haven't gotten the chance to ride 14 miles than run 3.
I'm really excited about the whole thing. Since it's my first tri, I'm just looking to finish even if that
means finishing last. Maybe next year I'll look for a decent time.

No comments:

Post a Comment