Monday, May 7, 2012

my TriZou results

Well it was an interesting TriZou that's for sure. The rain held off, but unfortunately the heat didn't, it was pretty rough. I think the MC said it was the hottest trizou they've had.
         Either way, in general it was a good race for myself. I say in general, because I completely was a complete "struggle bus" (for lack of a better phrase) through the run. Mainly because I pushed myself a bit too hard on the swim and bike, and with the combination of that and the heat, I had to walk a few steps a few times during the run. I pretty much consider this a failure on the run portion, because I've never had to walk before and usually running 3 miles is pretty easy. But, at least I wasn't the only one, since I was one of the last ones to start there were a whole bunch of us walking because of the heat (and we're not exactly the "elite" group). The good part was that there were a few of us who were having a hard time and finally the last mile one of other girls came up to me and was like "come on, we're gonna do this together," so we ran together for the last mile. I can't thank that person enough, because usually I hate working out with other people but in this case having somebody to run with was my saving grace.
      Now that I've given you the bad news, the good news is that I improved in every other category and improved my overall time by 3 minutes. I had timed myself in the pool at swimming a 10 minute, 400 meter, but adrenaline got me through it in 9:24. I also improved my bike time by several minutes. Mainly because I figured out my work out style- mainly, some people are better at lighter weight (resistance for a bike) and fast reps, but I'm better at less reps, but more power required. So on the flat parts I put the gears on a harder setting so I could get more distance and power with less reps. This is probably the wrong way to do it, and any legit biker is probably yelling at me, but in this case for just a 14 mile ride, along with a swim and run, that's what works best for myself. But, I did push myself to do better this year, which I did, but I payed for it in the run.
       All in all, it was a good race, with the exception of the run. I guess we all are apt to bad moments. Oh well, something to improve on for next year. Well here's my results and some pics if you feel like looking at them:

Division Place: 10th out of 24
Gender Place: 94th out of 182   (I was amazed there were only 182 women out of 550 total people)
Swim Time: 9:24
Transition 1:   3:48
Bike: 53:38    ( 14 miles)
Bike rate: 15.7 mph (almost a 2 mph increase from last year!)
Transition 2:  2:01
Run: 30:16
Run pace: 10:16   (literally have never run a slower 3 mile pace, ever)
Overall time: 1:39:04

Now for the fun part: pictures


The finish line the afternoon before the race

This really has nothing to do with the race but the Quad and the Columns were so pretty Saturday afternoon

The sunset on the quad was pretty too

The transition area at the TriZou with the bikes

TriZou bike transition. Running leg next (I'm the one in the black)

Finishing the trizou. Thanks to the lady in blue who's behind me who ran with me for the last mile

the TriZou finish

No comments:

Post a Comment