Friday, May 4, 2012

TriZou weekend

So the TriZou's this Sunday and I'm pretty excited. The only problems are that it's going to be close to 90 degrees, and if you're familiar with midwest weather the temperature isn't the bad part, it's the intense humidity. But, it's been humid this whole week so hopefully everybody will be at least a little bit use to it by the time race day comes. It also looks like it's going to rain, so cross your fingers that the rain won't start until after the race.

My training went fairly well this year. My only complaint is that I spent too much time on the indoor bike trainer as opposed to getting out there and biking on the roads. So I took some advice from people who are very knowledgeable in this field and did a bit more interval training. For instance if I was going on a 3 mile run, I would purposefully run faster than my normal pace for a bit about every 1/2 mile or so. It's one of the only ways to make you faster and hopefully it worked.

Tomorrow's packet pick up day and I think I'll swing by the track (aka Stankowski field) where all the transitions are/where the bikes are kept tomorrow afternoon and see if they've set up everything. If stuff is up, I'll take a few pictures for you guys.

If you're participating in the TriZou tomorrow, than good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment